8/4/08

Back In Bisbee

I have arrived in the random town of Bisbee Arizona again.  The smiles which greet me as I sit in the coffee shop bring me peace and happiness.  It feels good to be somewhere were people look forward to seeing me.  I have been on an adventure of great grandeur and learned many lessons on the human condition.  

My time on the land was rejuvenating, refreshing, difficult, immense and poetic.  I learned more than ever imagined.  How to plant seeds and how to keep them going.  How to maintain weeds, and how frustrating bugs really are.  I learned what it means to be human and experience love and life within families which are not your own.  I learned what life really is. 

Now I sit and ponder my next bold move.  Is it to stay and make a difference in a town which drives me mad?  Is it to run to the next town and fix whatever problems I can there.  Is it to head off into the wilderness and fix the only problems I really know how?  (the ones within myself) ?  Where do the answers lie and within what questions do we focus our energy?  

I have landed here again for reasons which are making themselves clear as each moment passes.  It feels like it was just yesterday I was sitting in this same seat imagining the possibilities of the summer.  Now as the summer hits her most fruitful moments and begins to wane I wonder the same things as I did then.  Only this time I have something under my belt.  I see a little more clearly and i have a little more understanding.  I am ready to move forward.  

1 comment:

Vixen said...

I'm glad to see you still growing... :) MIss you Sarah!