12/21/08

Burn One Down

Little houses on little hills in the high desert of this southern land.  
The fire is burning in the stove and I am feeling comfortably warm on this solstice.
I feel alive and filled with wonder.  This short day has been spent relaxing and believing in the possibilities.  My intentions have not changed in the waning months.  To learn how to grow is the key desire.  Even though my fingers have been out of the dirt and in the air I have still learned what growth means.  On an even deeper level, I have learned about growth within.  The personal journey is as beautiful as the evolution of the seed.  It is a seed in its own sense.  A seed of life, awakened and growing, learning and developing.  Only it is special.  It has the choice.  The choice to grow more and more and live in each moment.   

I believe this solstice is special in many ways.  I believe we are in the cusp of change.  I believe change is happening in my life in these very moments.  A growing up process is taking place and I am in love with everything about life.  This year has  been a wild ride.  Filled with deep emotion and true love.  I look back and listen to Ben Harper in this mining shack of old.  And when I rise with the morning sun, I know that the journey is just begininng.  The sun will gain strength and so will I.  The coming year brings joy and understanding and especially growth and love.

No comments: