2/9/09

Perpetuating Portland




Bikes, Street Cars, Aerial Trams.  What does sustainability mean?  Rethinking.  Moving Forward.  

I have been inspired here.  This little town and the man I am staying with have provided new insight to what it means to be progressive and forward thinking.  Tiny city parks where street poles used to be, green roofs and unconventional transportation. 

"The Land of B's"  Bikes, Books, Beer, Beauty, Baristas, Bluegrass.  

There is beauty all around.  I will take it all with me as I head back east next week.  More inspirations to come......

  

1 comment:

mstorandelli said...

I had the same feeling about Portland. There's a sacred mountain in the middle of it. For a city, they still have some collective respect and understanding for where things actually come from. If there can be such a thing, it's a good city.