8/27/09

The Countdown Begins...

I have become inspired.  Not by any one thing in particular, but by the accumulation of all that I experience.  Walking through the  library I picked up another new book written by a girl who mirrors myself in many ways.  Vanessa Farquharson wrote Sleeping Naked is Green.  A journal of how she let go and turned green in 365 days.  Reading her honest words and following her experience I have become aware that I too can make this simple.  Set a goal and begin...

I have already let a lot of things go.  This journey began almost two years ago.  So instead of letting go, I will be learning what to do next.... what to re-learn, how to re-skill and really dive into what needs to be done.  Over the next few days I will be working on a strategic plan for what lies ahead in the next year.  

The land! that is where our roots are. There is the basis of our phyisical life.
The farther we get away from the land, the greater our insecurity. From the land
comes everything that supports life, everything we use for the serive of physical life.
The land has not collapse
d or shrunk in either extent of productivity. It is there waiting
to honor all the labor we are willing to invest in it, and able to 
tide us across any local
dislocation of economic conditions. No unemployment insurance can be compared to
an alliance between m
an and a plot of land. 

                        - Henry Ford
 

I began this blog with the above quote.  Now I begin to  seek out land for myself.  Preferably here in the southeastern corner of Arizona, but anywhere will do.  For the greatest lesson I have l
earned, it's not where you are, but what you are doing wherev
er you end up...

The next few days I am preparing.  Setting goals, researching, and planning.  The process begins on the
 first of September.  With hopes that 365 days from that day i will be harvesting the fruits of my land!  

Here's to vision.   
 

2 comments:

mtnmama said...

ahhhhhh.... i'll help sow the first seed....

andrew said...

Maybe we come from the oceans. If so it wopuld stand true that some of us came from the rain. Follw this dream.