6/12/08

Planting Goodness

The tomato (Lycopersicon lycopersicum, syn. Solanum lycopersicum) is an herbaceous, usually sprawling plant in the Solanaceae or nightshade family, as are its close cousins tobacco, chili peppers, potato, and eggplant. The tomato is native to Central, South, and southern North America from Mexico to Argentina.

Today I planted around 120 tomatoes.  The seeds were propagated so they sprouted healthfully.  I then took the little baby plants and laid them into the ground.  The dirt on my hands was stimulating and refreshing.  My two favorite parts about working on the farm are planting and weeding. 

Energy In   Energy Out



1 comment:

Vixen said...

I never thought I ever see you farming.... but it looks good on you!!! I love you Sarah Ann!
By the way I made my page so you can read it now... enjoy :)