7/3/08

Summertime


And the livin's easy.


The hot summer month of June has come and gone quicker than expected.  July is upon us, bringing temptation of epic rain showers to cool the land and refresh the parched desert earth.  There have been a few small spittles of rain in the last week or so, driving the thirst and intensifying the craving.  The desert earth and I both yearn for these showers to bless us with refreshment and rejuvenation.  

The garden is beautiful.  The amount of growth I have seen in the short amount of time on this land astonishes me.  I'm blown away by the epic beauty of what the desert has to offer.  The seeds I planted on the first day I was here have grown up out of the ground and are now beautiful foot tall stalks of corn.  Seeing the earth dusted with green is inspiring and joyful.  I look forward to harvesting that which I actually planted.  There is nothing like harvesting fresh veggies and fixing them for that evenings meal.  I look forward to seeing the whole process, from planting all the way to eating.  The cycle is beginning to feel like a real circle, almost complete and whole.  These last few weeks have proved that this is the life I want to live.  

The Good Life 

No comments: