1/16/09

Fridays at Mimosa Market


The smell of Ralphie's Rotisserie Chickens permeates the town.
People wander in and become hungry.  
Candy is bought with food stamps and love is shared in each transaction.

I opened the New Yorker, like I do when it's slow, and on the inside cover was an advertisement for Monsanto.  
I was disappointed instantly and couldn't even finish reading the magazine.  
It thrust me into my frustrations with society and the systems which control this rat race maze of a culture.

I am leaving on Sunday. 
The "goals"  or intentions behind the trip:
To reconnect with those I love most.
To see this country through the slow movement of the rocking rails.
To learn about myself.
To learn how to actually begin helping and making change.

The trip ends in California open ended.  An adventure to Portland maybe??  A trip back to Baltimore?? 

Or home to Bisbee.  

We'll see where the wind blows the dandelion seeds...........

No comments: